[Buildroot] BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_CONFIG and Atmel targets

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Mon Oct 13 08:06:06 UTC 2008

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:47:55AM +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
>> Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:

>>> Well, naming indicates that you will need to add a
>>> busybox-<version>.config file.
>> And change the Makfile.in as well, IMHO that is the wrong path to follow.
>>> It is probably a good idea to scrap the <version> part as well, just
>>> have a generic busybox.config file. Kconfig options should not change
>>> that often, and user will be asked to answer yes/no to new features
>>> most times.
>> Is there any good reason at all to unconditionally ignore the busybox
>> config choosen by the user (many of the Atmel boards and a few other
>> does this)? Would a patch that just removes all these unconditional
>> configurations be accepted, or is there any deep reason for not allowing
>> Atmel users choose their own busybox configuration (and in the default
>> case choose the buildroot default instead of a board specific one)?
>
> Did you read docs/README and try what's documented there (see
> "finegrained")?
No, missed that (or more correctly I interpreted that setting
BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_CONFIG should be equivalent).

Regards

Anders Blomdell

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden