[BusyBox] my math stuff

Aaron Lehmann aaronl at vitelus.com
Thu Aug 2 19:26:39 MDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 01:03:41AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> BTW, we just made some minor mods to your arith code for
> a bit better error handling, and to cope with divide by zero,

Sincere thanks goes from me to Vladimir for realizing that division by
zero was an issue. I knew I had forgotton something!

As for error handling, I completely agree with your modifications. My
original code was intended as a proof-of-concept drop-in replacement
for the yacc bloat, and I had removed a lot of error handling
capabilities from the code to save on binary size (my code on paper
would report a paren mismatch differently than an unknown token and so
on).

The one other regret I have is that the code is not commented well. If
you like, I can send a patch which adds further comments. I had very
limited internet time on my trip (which I'm now back from), so all I
typed up were the usage instructions at the top. Now that I'm back,
I'm looking forward to making improvements.

P.S. I know this is a stupid question -- will ld strip out unused
functions when linking? If it doesn't, I would feel guilty about
having niche code in libbb ;-).