[BusyBox] working on busybox telnetd

Ray L rayl at otii.com
Sun Aug 5 17:20:50 MDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 11:48:26PM +0200, Goetz Bock wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 05 '01 at 14:28, David Kimdon wrote:
> > I've taken the telnetd from netkit-tiny and am working on making it play
> > well with busybox.  This is just a heads up, an effort to avoid duplicate
> > work.  I should have something working this week if all goes well.
> Vladimir N. Oleynik <dzo at simtreas.ru> has already done so and has a
> version available at ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/ports
> mayby you want to have a look at his version.

i've been using this version for a few weeks, and it seems to work pretty
well for me.

i've noticed one problem: when the connection first starts up, it echos some of
the initial telnet negotiations along with the getty login prompt, so the
first login always fails.  after that, it works great.  this problem also
only seems to show up when i run the daemon on port 23, which has me stumped...

btw, the daemon does not seem to like the windows telnet client, although this
is probably a windows issue.  i've not investigated it at all.