[BusyBox] Telnet problem with 0.60.5

Alex Pavloff apavloff at eason.com
Mon Feb 10 20:51:03 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

I'm attempting to telnet to a device with busybox telnet.  It works fine
with normal telnet from my RH8 box.  The device is a motion controller
(Galil 2120) with a telnet interface.

Normally, one types in a command line and the device will respond with the
data (if that commands has any) followed by a ':' as a prrompt for the next
line.  If the command is in error, then the prompt is a '?'.  Simple stuff.

Using busybox telnet in line mode, I recieve no response from the device,
but the operations are working (I'm setting a variable in the device and
verifying it with the working telnet).  In character mode, I get the
don't see what I type in the first place.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

Alex Pavloff - apavloff at eason.com
Eason Technology -- www.eason.com