[BusyBox] how to get "reboot" to work when using "minit"??

Ian Latter Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au
Sun May 9 22:23:12 UTC 2004

> How would it deal with it? There are lots of init programs out there,
> and they use different means of communicating shutdown/reboot events
> into the init process. Some use sockets, some use signals, etc. The BB
> reboot applet can only deal with the init programs it's prepared to deal
> with, and those are what it comes with and was compiled to support.

I thought all average init's supported SIGTERM/SIGKILL type graceful
terminations ... is this not true?  I haven't seen what minit's got ... but a
small sig handler would be easy enough to add, if it doesn't come up
to scratch.  Then you could make your reboot/shutdown a kill 1.

Even if this was done only to support the two init's that you supply ..

--
Ian Latter
Internet and Networking Security Officer