[BusyBox] Busybox 1.0.0-pre10 and sendmail

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Tue May 11 17:11:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:47:05PM +0200, Frank Lenaerts wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:18:07PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > What exactly do you need?
> > * send mail by smtp?
>
> Is there something that can _only_ do this?

I run nullmailer <http://untroubled.org/nullmailer/> on all my none-mail-server
systems. I have also used mini_sendmail <http://www.acme.com/software/mini_sendmail/>
with good results. They are both relay type front-ends and do require you to
to have access to a real MTA that will accept your mail.
nullmailer uses a queue so it handles server-down situations much better but
that means you have to run a queue-monitor daemon.
mini_sendmail is much simpler and may well meet your needs.

I am sure there are others as well, but I have not used them.

-Gyepi