[BusyBox] Busybox init.

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Sat Nov 6 10:46:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > But before I put everything into my ramdisk and all that
> craziness, I
> > usually just chroot into my ramdisks root.
> >
> > When I do the following command :
> >
> > /usr/sbin/chroot ./ramdisk_src /sbin/init
> >
> > I get the error message
> >
> > Busybox (version stuff)
> >
> > Usage: init
> >
> > That's it.
> >
> > Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

I had the exact same problem using busybox's init in both initrd and
rootfs.
I ended up using sysvinit for the rootfs, as I got the exact same
message from busybox.

Eventhough the link was there, and busybox was linked statically, it
seemed to be a big
problem to turn the current running busybox into another busybox...

Eg:
initrd's linuxrc last lines...

cd /root
pivot_root . initrd
exec chroot . /sbin/init <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1

Elas but true, this doesn't work as expected in this specific
situation...
I really want to get rid of sysvinit from my system, as I don't use
runlevels to that respect...

Cheers,

Rory Vieira
The Cool View

rory dot vieira at coolview dot nl
http colon slash slash www dot coolview dot nl