[BusyBox] Question about PHPwith busybox

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Thu Nov 11 20:30:51 UTC 2004

Hello,

all i really can do for you is some clarification...

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:25:22 -0500
Howard M Lander <hlander at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I am interested in using PHP with the busybox httpd. I looked through
> the mailing list archives and saw a post from Florian Schirmer about a
> patch to allow this, but I when I had a quick look at my busybox
> source code I did not see any sign that the patch had been applied (I
> believe I have RC3). Is it possible to use php with the busybox httpd
> and if so, where do I get the equivalent of the apache modphp.so and
> how do I configure it?

The "equivalent" would be a php CGI. You get it by compiling php for cgi
(option of configure-script). You'll have to convince the php app (and
that's probably what that patch is for) that it is indeed running as a
CGI. I still don't know how PHP works in CGI mode, i tried it myself and
it ended in the fact that the php CGI searched for some (non-standard)
CGI environment variable which wasn't set and then denied to run as CGI
(saying something like "broken gateway", IIRC).

HWH