[BusyBox] busybox doubt

Simon Poole simon.armlinux at themalago.net
Fri Nov 19 10:36:38 UTC 2004

Balaji R M wrote:
>   hi all,
>         i am new to busybox i have downloaded busybox-1.00-rc2 to use it for
> powerpc .i have configured it but when i try to install it is giving the
> following error .please help me whether some thing is missing in
> configuration .
> this is what i have done
>
> #make TARGET_ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-

IIRC, the correct syntax should be:
make CROSS=powerpc-linux-

You shouldn't need TARGET_ARCH.  See the following comment from Rules.mak:

# If you are running a cross compiler, you will want to set 'CROSS'
# to something more interesting...  Target architecture is determined
# by asking the CC compiler what arch it compiles things for, so unless
# your compiler is broken, you should not need to specify TARGET_ARCH

--
Simon Poole
www.appliancestudio.com