[BusyBox] patch: awk segfaults on export of empty env vars

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 23 01:54:42 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 06:53 pm, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> Rob -
>
> > Now I just have to finish rewriting sort to accept -k, make gzip and
> > gunzip work for more than one file at a time, give ar a write mode, add
> > comm (which perl needs in order to build), add -i and fuzz factor support
> > to patch, add bzip2 compress side support, deal with the whole mess of
> > busybox shells so I can replace bash, add diff (at least -u) and a simple
> > man command that cat just bzcat a preformatted page, and dust off the
> > init rewrite.

And busybox really needs cpio if I'm going to make initramfs images for use
with the 2.6 kernel...

> So in a few years, between you, D. J. Bernstein, and the GNU project,
> we will have three independent rewrites of Unix.    ;-)

I'm not doing much, I doubt even 5% of busybox is my code, and I think my
contributions to uclibc have been at most bug reports.

Didn't you notice that an important part of open source development is forking
a big bloated project (or more often starting over) to make a smaller and
simpler version?  How do you think mozilla->galeon->firefox happened?  Or
dropbear?  Or tcc?