[BusyBox] Endless "umount" corner cases: judgement call time...

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 4 19:40:57 MDT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 09:59 am, Rob Landley wrote:
> Anyway, I'm leaning towards "umount /dev/hda4" umounts all instances of
> hda4, because if you wanted to specify umounting a specific directory
> you've have indicated the directory.  But I'd like a show of hands about
> this.  (It wasn't an issue back before bind mounts existed because you
> couldn't mount a block device in two places and expect it to work back
> then.)

i'm all for it ...
umounting the block device unmounts all of them but umounting a dir only
unmounts the last thing mounted there ...

mount /dev/hda4 /one
mount /dev/hda4 /two
umount /dev/hda4 -> /one and /two get unmounted

mount /dev/hda4 /boo
mount /dev/hda3 /boo
umount /boo -> only /dev/hda3 is unmounted
-mike