[BusyBox] pre-commit feedback, please

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:29:12 MDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:
> arcturusnetworks.com).  In the process of doing an mmu-less arm
> uClinux port for the Atmel AT91 using as I recall (kernel 2.0.38)

This is really interesting! I am also using an Atmel AT91 processor.
Every time I'm forced to reinvent the square wheel, uClinux crosses my
mind. Do you know of any user group that's actively developing or
using uClinux on the AT91?

> A while back someone privately submitted an initial
> uClibc/libgloss port.  It needed more work and much polishing,
> but would actually make it running busybox on the bare metal a
> fairly feasible prospect.  I still have that patch someplace
> should anybody wish to carry on the torch towards removing this
> amusing comment I added to uClibc years ago:

I'm currently running Busybox on newlib on libgloss. It occurred to me
to make an attempt at Busybox on uClibc on libgloss myself. I'll take
a look at the patch you mentioned.

Cheers,
Shaun