[BusyBox] date extension hint for datestr conversion

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 16 17:35:01 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 14:14, walter harms wrote:
> hi Rob,
> date does not have this feature (yet :). i understand you want something
> like
> #ifdef BB_DATE_USE_HINT_FEATURE
> is the name ok ?

Yeah, instead of a command line option, just #ifdef this out so that people
who actively don't want it can compile it out of the binary.

I'd call the config option CONFIG_FEATURE_DATE_HINT, and that means you can
hide the functionality in question behind if (ENABLE_FEATURE_DATE_HINT) and
the compiler should automatically chop it out via dead code elimination.

I could probably clean up the patch for you if you like, assuming that
compiling it out would in fact work for you.  (You don't need it sometimes
and not need it other times from the same binary?)