[BusyBox] [patch] Add bunzip2 support to insmod

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Aug 17 12:40:05 MDT 2005

Rob Landley wrote:
> If mremap() fails, do I still have to unmap the old address for
> FEATURE_CLEAN_UP, or does the remap do that for me?
> The man page doesn't say.  I _think_ I have to do it myself.

I would imagine so, given the set of error codes that can be returned
and the man page descriptions of them.

> And of course I'm wondering for the nommu systems, can we use remap at all?

Do such systems support kernel modules anyway? I saw a comment regarding
uses of mmap() being non-portable with relation to some other busybox
app (forget which), but I felt comfortable using mmap/mremap since
insmod already uses mmap anyway (at least in 1.00 that I have) to "read"
the module file off disk.