[BusyBox] ctrl+c not working for bash

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Aug 18 06:53:35 MDT 2005

 > > prashant waman wrote:
 > >
 > > >Hi all,
 > > >   my /etc/inittab contain
 > > >
 > > >[...]
 > > >c1:1235:respawn:/bin/bash
 > > >[...]
 > > >

 > > Since you're posting to the busybox list, I'll
 > > assume you're using busybox.
 > yes i am using the busybox but the /sbin/init is not
 > from busybox and is a separate file

so you're not running the busybox init?  what version of
init are you running?

busybox init is the only one i know of which takes the
device name from the first field of the line.  in most other
inittabs, that field is simply an identifier.

 > > Your console control might be due to the fact that
 > > you probably have no
 > > /dev/c1 device, but I could be wrong.  It might be
 > i think i have the /dev/c1 as if i use below line in inittab
 > c1:1235:respawn:/bin/sulogin /dev/tty1
 > it works fine. asking for password, shows the terminal
 > and ctrl+c works fine.

sulogin gets the tty name as the first argument.  so this says
nothing about /dev/c1 existing or not.

 > As i don't want login screen and want directly the
 > shell prompt, i am searching for other alternatives.

someone else has pointed out that one of these should work:
    c1:1235:respawn:-/bin/ash
or
    c1:1235:respawn:/bin/ash --login

but again -- what version of init are you using?

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com