[BusyBox] [patch] new applet mountpoint

Rainer Weikusat rainer.weikusat at sncag.com
Sat Aug 20 15:06:14 MDT 2005

Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat at sncag.com> writes:

[...]

>     opt &= OPT_d | OPT_q;
>
>     if (opt) {
>         if (opt > OPT_q) bb_printf("%u:%u\n", ...);
>     } else
>         bb_printf("%s is %sa mountpoint\n", strings[no_mountpoint]);
>
>     return no_mountpoint;

For completeness:

    switch (opt & (OPT_d | OPT_q)) {
        case 0:
           bb_printf("%s is %sa mountpoint\n", strings[no_mountpoint]);

       	case OPT_q:
           break;

        default:
           bb_printf("%u:%u\n", ...);
    }

    return no_mountpoint;

... but this kind of stuff is rarely useful nowadays, where CPUs have
more or less random performance characteristics and "programmers" are
usually the "Oh my god! It Actually Works!!1" kind of people ... :-(

If this is of interest to anyone, I'd suggest to take further
communication off the list. But please don't send me your set of seven
pet theories why hacking is more fun than thinking and that is the way
it should always have been.