[BusyBox] Set cursor off

Rob Sullivan cogito.ergo.cogito at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:31:04 UTC 2005

The codes given to you work fine for a normal terminal, just by itself
- they're called ANSI escape sequences.

However, I think that what Aurelien didn't realise was that you were
using QT/Embedded, and not just a normal console. There's unlikely to
be any magic code that you can type into ash to disable the cursor in
QT/Embedded, and you'll probably end up having to edit some
configuration files or changing some options in compilation.
Take a look at http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia2.1/html/index.html for
general documentation, and see
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-embedded-interest/2004-05/msg00033.html
for how to disable the cursor in a C++ program. It seems that all you
have to do is call:

setCursor (QCursor (blankCursor));

but of course, this won't work in ash by itself. This question doesn't
have anything to do with Busybox, so might I suggest you take a look
at the Qt/Embedded mailing list at
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-embedded-interest/?