[BusyBox] Set cursor off

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Aug 4 09:30:56 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 02:01, Bardon Damien wrote:
> Hi,

> So I look at `man console_codes` and try a lot of think, and can't disable
> any console cursor. I don't understand why echo -e "\033[?25l" do nothing.
>
> I'd really like not to install setterm and ncurses just for these features.

Keep in mind that setterm and ncurses are user-space things that have to talk
to the kernel somehow (output an escape sequence, call an ioctl, etc).  If
you read through their source code and figure out what it is they're doing,
you can do that directly.

Generally it's an ansi-like escape sequence, though.  You might want to
recompile your kernel with a couple of printk's in it to figure out what it's
doing when you try to invoke this stuff, too...