[BusyBox] "mount -a" failure

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Aug 4 09:44:08 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 19:24, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2005 06:29 pm, Matt Waddel wrote:
> > When I put one item in /etc/fstab and execute "mount -a" the
> > process crashes in the kernel:
>
> without really looking at the problem i'd pronounce the kernel as the
> problem
>
> no userspace application should be able to trigger such a message in
> kernelspace ... i think your patch just avoids the issue somehow
> -mike

Seconded.

I didn't get the mount rewrite in on tuesday because testing revealed yet
another can-o-worms in umount requiring rewriting, but I'm banging on it now.
I'm happy to get test cases where the old mount/umount behave badly, or
suggested new features.  Actual patches don't help so much because the new
code looks nothing like what's currently in SVN, and yes I realise this needs
to be fixed pronto. :)