[BusyBox] pre-commit feedback, please

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Aug 4 18:39:36 UTC 2005

 > > 0000008 03-16-05 modprobe applet is dependent on having a shell
 > >     [ patch and new code are big enough that i think this should
 > >        be configurable ]

i've commited this, with minor cleanup.

 > Most of the new size seems to be the fork/exec handling via
 > switch statement, and it seems there should be some kind of
 > bb_fork_exec_wait() helper function since this isn't actually
 > an uncommon thing to want to do.  (Have it return -1 if it
 > couldn't fork, -2 if it couldn't exec, or the return code from
 > wait() otherwise.) You'd think there would already be one, but

i didn't add such a helper, however.  i did some grepping and could
only come up with 3, maybe 4 candidates for using such a routine, and
they'd all need some amount of code rearranging to do so.

 > libbb just has run_parts.c and vfork_daemon_rexec.c, both of
 > which are confusing enough that I'm not going down that
 > particular rathole right now.  There's a potential cleanup
 > here, and it would be good to do it now rather than later.

i agree that such a cleanup would be good, but i also sort of figured it
should be a separate project/commit from closing out this bug/request.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com