[BusyBox] [patch] new applet mountpoint

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Aug 19 00:28:31 UTC 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 19:06, Jason Schoon wrote:
> I think that would be cool. You can't change or modify the license, it must
> be distributed in its entirety. However, I don't know of a clause that says
> you must include it in any file, or that you can't simply point at the full
> text elsewhere.

The boilerplate is a recommendation, not a requirement.  If you follow the URL
to the license on the FSF website, you'll see that the license ends with "END
OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS" and then the page has a "How to Apply these Terms
and Conditions to your new programs" bit that people cut and paste the
boilerplate from.  But that's advisory, not part of the actual license terms
and conditions. :)

Keep in mind the FSF has all its contributors sign over their copyrights to
the Free Software Foundation.  (You want to know why the Herd has been in
development for almost 20 years now but has yet to achieve as much as Linux
did in its first year?  They want you to fill out physical paperwork giving
up your ownership of the code in order to become a contributor to The Hurd.)
Whatever the pros and cons may be, nobody else does that...