[BusyBox] Filesystem detection in mount & lazy unmount

Chris Spiegel busybox at happyjack.org
Wed Jul 13 02:34:24 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 04:48 pm, you wrote:
> > Yes, of course.. That was the reason I sent my initial mail, to find out
> > what the consensus on this feature was.  If it winds up not being in
> > busybox, I will survive, because a static mount from util-linux is not
> > very big and won't kill my initrd.
>
> As far as I can tell, it's not "util-linux", it's "sgi's nonstandard
> patched util-linux", correct?

No, this is the standard mount from util-linux.  It either uses libblkid from
e2fsprogs if available, or it uses its own detection routines.  SGI merely
took util-linux's code and incorporated it into a shared library.  It's just
a bit simpler to integrate SGI's version elsewhere because the mount specific
code has been removed.

Chris