[BusyBox] killall

Mark Richards mark.richards at massmicro.com
Mon Jul 25 17:23:32 UTC 2005

BusyBox 1.0
CRIS architecture
AXIS platform 83

I have a problem with killall that quite a bit of reading, and looking at
the souce, has not solved.

In a shell script I want to do this:

  begin "Starting bftpd server"
  if [ -f "/var/state/net.up" ]
  then
       mkdir /var/run/bftpd 2> /dev/null
       sh -c \ 'killall -w bftpd &'
       sleep 3
       /bin/bftpd -d
  end $?
  else
       information "Cannot start.  No network"
  fi
  echo "Done"
  ;;

However when we hit killall the script abruptly ends with TERMINATED and
does not continue.

Operated independently killall works fine.

By the looks of the code nothing extraordinary is happening - it returns a
regular integer depending on how it completed.

I've read some stuff about this being an issue with at least one person
using the full linux version of killall but the suggestion there did not
help.

Any thoughts and comments would be welcome as I am pulling my hair out.

Slowly, so it's like torture.