[BusyBox] Re: [BusyBox-cvs] svn commit: trunk/busybox: include networking

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:04:35 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> I'm leaving the CONFIG_ thing with its current semantics because the
> alternative is an extremely intrusive patch that replaces over 1000 existing
> #ifdefs.

I agree to leave the semantics of CONFIG_FEATURE_xxx as it was. It
doesn't appear possible to make one name work with all three of
#ifdef, #if, and if() without taking a binary size hit.

I was suggesting naming the new semantics either ENABLED_FEATURE_xxx,
FEATURE_xxx, DEFINED_FEATURE_xxx or DEF_FEATURE_xxx.

#if DEF_FEATURE_xxx and if(DEF_FEATURE_xxx) appeal to me the most.

Cheers,
Shaun