Add character and equivalence classes to tr

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 7 19:48:29 UTC 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 04:28, Rob Sullivan wrote:
> *looks confused* Toss it in? The previous attachment with a newline added
> should work, I think.
>
> Has anyone else tried this? It's probably better if another person besides
> myself finds that the patch works before it's applied...

I don't use troff myself, but I know a troff guru (started messing with Unix
on a vax in 1982, uphill both ways) who happens to be in town for another
day.  I could bounce it off him, and if there's a monster regression test for
troff anywhere, he'd know about it.

Question: how feature complete is the busybox troff?  If we were to try to get
it to render man pages or something, would we be in for a world of hurt?