MMUless and shell functions

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 7 19:54:24 UTC 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 05:46, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Bernhard,
>
> > Can anyone with an MMUless system look into reproducing and/or fixing
> > bug #125 (https://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=125) with current trunk,
> > please?
>
> syslog, klogd etc have code
> #ifdef __uclinux__
>  vfork_daemon()
> #else
>  daemon()
> #endif
>
> May be again change uclibc MMUless define name.

I don't have an emulator for this either, but if I could make a suggestion?

Could we centralize all this into some kind of "platform.h" header file, to be
included from busybox.h?  (And throw the newlib and uclibc and glibc-specific
stuff in there too so it's all in one place?)

I can't test more than glibc and uclibc.  I don't have a nommu system, nor
newlib.  (Nor, for that matter, 2.2 and 2.4 systems to test against.  That
would probably be nice...)