[rfc] accumulating ifdef def else def endif in usage.h [was: Re: crond usage documentation oddity (busybox v1.1.0-pre1)]

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Oct 15 20:39:45 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 12:40, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> vodz> cow`: I like (may be my idea) #if ENABLE_FEATURE_*  #define
> vodz>     USAGE_*(a) (a) #else #define USAGE_*(a) #endif :-)

The general idea seems reasonable.

> I'm attaching an untested quick patchlet which does this. What do other
> people think about this approach (except that someone will dislike it
> using awk and do it differently, which is fine with me)?

I have no problem using awk as long as the script works with busybox awk.  I
much prefer that to a dependency on an external tool like perl. :)

Query about the name though: if you're going to tag generated files with a
beginning underscore, shouldn't all of our generated files have such a tag,
including things like bb_config.h?