Providing dprintf

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Oct 25 12:35:55 UTC 2005

hi all,

perhaps its simpler to turn the problem on its head.
provide a bb_dprintf() and make it a configoption to disable it.
additional of being a _GNU_SOURCE :

from the man-page:
  These  functions  are  GNU extensions, not in C or POSIX.  Clearly, the
names were badly chosen.  Many systems (like MacOS)  have  incompatible
  functions  called  dprintf,  usually  some debugging version of printf,
perhaps with a prototype like ...

with bb_dprintf() its clear what the function does, and if you know what
you are doing you can use your own dprintf().

re,
	walter