[busybox] some size savings

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 26 23:37:35 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 09:32, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> Short status update, the patch unfortunately grew to well over 50k by now
> (checked a few cosmetic and not-related bits in earlier today to shrink
> it a little). Note that the stuff below isn't yet dealt with, so it
> will grow even more

What does the patch currently look like?

> e2fsprogs is somehow broken due to it's odd sheme of includes. I'm down
> to the last few errors for allyesconfig. bareconfig worked fine last
> time i tried.
>
> If anybody is willing to help/test then please drop me a short note.

Willing yes.  Able we won't know until we try... :)

Have you done anything with make standalone?  I have a working directory here
with who knows what in it that I should dust off and work on again, but I
have several major busybox related to-do items before then (I found a bug in
mount, 1.0.2, figure out why less isn't working when compiled under gcc 4.0.2
against uClibc, check in the switch_root implementation I'm working on...)