Start of "make standalone"...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Sep 1 19:56:02 PDT 2005

So here's a .c file and a shell script that together make busybox applets as
standalone executables.  Drop the .c file in the "applets" directory and run
the shell script in the main busybox directory: it'll try to build all the
currently configured applets in a subdirectory called "standalone".

On a "make allyesconfig", it succeeds with over half of them.  I need to add a
special case mechanism to handle the rest (some need to link to libraries,
some need more than one source file...  "ash" is just unintelligibly broken
but what else is new...)

But first:

Could somebody who understands makefiles take a stab at integrating this as
some sort of "make standalone"?  I fought with make for a while trying to get
it to do the kind of things that are easy to do in shell scripts, but I have
no make-fu...