kill -1 behaviour

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Mar 9 18:13:14 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 4:33 am, Giuseppe Ciotta wrote:
> > Ah, you have a point.  (Something to keep in mind with the nofork version
> > of bbsh.  And a bit tricky to write an automated regression test for...)
>
> So the point is that ash currently forks when executing builtins (in
> this case, kill) and this causes the shell to receive the signal?

I don't know.  It's thirteen thousand, six hundred and seventy eight lines
long, contains two contradictory license declarations (at the beginning and
at the end), and my attempts to read through it keep hitting monsters like
syntax_index_table and struct_job (with #ifdefs in a bitfield; how does that
save space?)

It's a good guess, though.