insmod broken in 1.1.1

stephane.billiart stephane.billiart at ucopia.com
Fri Mar 24 18:50:50 UTC 2006

I tried to upgrade my system today with busybox and realized
that insmod systematically fails with the messages:
insmod: ELF file not for this architecture
insmod: Could not load the module: Success

I added some debug output and saw that the error comes from
line 3334 of modutils/insmod.c because of ELFDATAM is
wrongly set on line 519 because BB_LITTLE_ENDIAN is
not defined (although I am on a P3 compiling for an Elan processor
which are little endians).

I haven't looked at how BB_LITTLE_ENDIAN is supposed to be
calculated but there's apparently something wrong there.
I am not sure how to best fix this so I'm asking the list first.

In 1.1.0 everything worked ok and the test was
#if __BYTE_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN

--
Stephane