[RESEND] Question about hdparm command line parsing

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 11 13:31:03 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 3:31 pm, Tito wrote:
> On Tuesday 9 May 2006 23:07, Tito wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi, any thoughts about it???

Why did you bother to quote any of the message when you cut out the entire
contents so there was no clue what the message was about?

Sigh, time to rummage through my back email...

Ok, I have a message from you that's marked "deal with later"...  Oh yeah,
that thing.

> if we don't care about this it is fine for me...

I'm leaning towards that.  Adding 200 bytes so that you can trigger the exact
same functionality through a slightly different and somewhat obscure syntax
doesn't strike me as a major win.  How often is hdparm scripted with strange
options and then ported to busybox?

Personally, I'd wait for somebody to care...