awkward placement of some BB header files

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu May 18 14:13:27 PDT 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Rob Landley wrote:

> If you can figure out how to get svn to move files without deleting
> their #*%&(# change history (which is something it's _advertised_ as
> being able to do_), I'd be very very happy and would try to figure
> out how to email you baked goods.

um ... are you trying to do these file moves via a patch?  that could
be your problem as i suspect a patch shows only that one file is being
deleted while another file that just *happens* to have the same name
is being created elsewhere.  if subversion doesn't realize the
connection between the two, you'll definitely lose the file history,
and i'm guessing a patch file would cause just that to happen.

you need to use "svn move" or "svn rename" to preserve that history.

rday