Review of the last few applied patches...

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Fri May 19 17:51:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:28:05PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
>Review of yesterday's committed patches...

Rob, vodz correctly pointed out that we may have a problem with your fix
in readlink.c if BUFSIZ is too small -- much smaller than PATH_MAX.

On a related note..
I was thinking about making our internal BUFSIZ configurable via
"Busybox Library Tuning". What do you think?

PS:
Currently, there are alot of different sizes used, to name just a few:
decompress_bunzip2.c:#define IOBUF_SIZE 4096
sum.c:#define MY_BUF_SIZE 8192
pipe_progress.c:#define PIPE_PROGRESS_SIZE 4096
inetd.c:#define BUFSIZE 4096
httpd.c:# define PIPESIZE 4096

Some of these are always for the same kind of uses (pipe, block I/O,
etc).