Move GPLv2 vs v3 fun...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 13 08:59:18 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 6:15 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Just for the record: I am trying to stay as far away from licensing wars
> as possible. GPL2 is ok with me, GPL2+ is ok with me too.
> I simply don't want to think about this can of worms too :)

Alas, I can't not think about it.  And when forced to confront problems my
first response tends to be "what can I get away with _not_ doing, and what's
the downside of not doing it?", which I admit is coloring my entire approach
to the proceedings. :)

P.S.  The SFLC says they have no problem doing license enforcement for a GPLv2
only project, Larry Doolittle's ntpclient (which I'm looking at as a
candidate for inclusion although that's not the same as actually deciding to
add it) is GPLv2 only, and so is the version of BBSH I'm currently working
on.  That last one might just be a hint how I'm likely to resolve this...