How do I get vi to know my window size?

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Sep 20 18:53:17 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:49:33PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> Anyway, I can teach bbsh that when it's launched interactive, do the probing
> thing if standard querying doesn't work to determine terminal size.  That'll
> set $LINES and $COLUMNS for its child programs, and svn 16167 should
> theoretically be able to take it from there...

How do you avoid eating (and possibly choking on) user keystrokes
already in the input buffer? The only way I can think to avoid that is
with some sort of tricky extra buffering layer. Maybe it doesn't
matter but I find it annoying if I've typed ahead before a program
starts and some of the keystrokes get lost.

Rich