[patch] prevent ash executing non-files

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Sep 10 23:40:52 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 2:47 pm, walter harms wrote:
> hi all,
> the problem is that while testing ash did not return !0
> the size increase is ok when it prevents that this happens.

Compared to the enormity that ash currently is most size increases are hard to
notice.  I'm not convinced that's an endorsement.

Ask Bernhard or Denis if they feel like applying this.  Right now I'm working
on bbsh and don't want to look at the ash code while doing so to avoid
getting discouraged.  (Looking at ash puts me off the whole topic of shells
in the same way performing an autopsy can kill your appetite.)