zcip: 1.1.stable vs 1.2 ?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Sep 12 09:05:01 UTC 2006

Bernhard,

> I personally can see, however, that supporting gcc-2.95 for the 1.x
> series *may* be good, if only to please users. That may be just me,
> though ;)
>
> Let's see..
>
> There was no va_copy, but only a __va_copy.
>
> Can you try the attached diff against current svn and let me know if
> that does it for you?

I applied your patch and tried to build "defconfig".

Apart from loads of

ppc_8xx-gcc: unrecognized option `-static-libgcc'

I get

busybox/util-linux/setarch.c:15: sys/personality.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/stscholz/Projekte/ZCIP/busybox/util-linux/setarch.o] Error 1

and

busybox/miscutils/miscutils.a(readahead.o): In function `readahead_main':
readahead.o(.text.readahead_main+0x5c): undefined reference to `readahead'

After disabling both applets build completed.

However I still attach a little file with a few compiler warnings. Just in
case you wanna know. ;-)

--
Steven