bb_*printf functions: are they useful?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 20 02:51:21 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 2:36 pm, Rich Felker wrote:
> > IOW: I grepped thru the tree. I think bb_*printf is
> > almost never used for stream processing. Can I remove it?
>
> You have write access again...??
>
> > vda
>
> ...weren't you banned from this list???

You're confusing Denis Vlasenko with Vladimir Oleynik, and I never banned
Vladimir from the list, I just yanked his svn commit priviledges.  (He's the
one who chose not to post patches to the list.)

I occasionally disagree with Denis about stuff, but that's true of everybody,
and I trust his judgement enough that I offered him commit access.  I think
he's doing great things with it.

(Ok, I disagree with him about #defines vs enums, and I wince at the large
number of changes he's making to mount, knowing how long I fought with the
sucker to get all the pieces in place and how darn _subtle_ and
interconnected and undocumented it all was, and how there's all sorts of
weird stuff like how the vfat filesystem is just _broken_ (/proc/mounts spits
back all sorts of stuff you didn't feed it), but only after 2.6.15 or so, and
earlier versions didn't do that...  He'll learn. :)