about resize

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 22 21:04:25 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 8:15 am, Tito wrote:
> root at localhost:/dev/pts/1:/root/Desktop/busybox.setterm# ./busybox resize
> COLUMNS=80;LINES=24;export COLUMNS LINES;

How exactly does one use such a snippet, anyway?  Combine "source" and
backquotes?  I mean you could always go "resize > woot.sh; chmod +x woot.sh;
source woot.sh; rm woot.sh" but that seems deeply unclean somehow.  Does bash
have an "eval" statement?  (Rummage, rummage...  Yes, yes it does...  WOW the
bash man page can be sucky to search sometimes...)

Ok, need to add that to the bbsh to-implement list.  Right...

I still want to build it into bbsh interactive mode.  (I'm looking at
Bernhard's version to see what would be involved in making a libbb version of
this probe.  Why is it setting the tty mode before doing the probing?)

Rob

P.S. My blackfin board arrived today!  (Well, actually the documentation says
it's a coldfire, but it's a nommu test platform!  Woot!  And it's accessed
through a USB serial thingy, so I actually have a test environment for this!)

In case I wasn't clear earlier: I'm very interested in solving this problem,
I'm just being picky about _how_...