[OT] shared ldconfig

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Sat Sep 23 21:23:17 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:58:24PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Saturday 23 September 2006 11:24 am, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > In case someone wanted a much smaller (w/o including glibc) version of
> > ldconfig, for their initrd/embeddd system, I've put one and a how-to in:
> > http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/luciano/shared_ldconfig/
> >
> > * shared version of ldconfig: 71KB
> > * static (default) version: 600KB
>
> Isn't this something for uClibc or buildroot, not BusyBox?

Firstly, I didn't know uClibc had a version of ldconfig. If uClibc's
output is accepted by glibc, and I have little reason to assume
otherwise, then this was just an exercise in futility.

Secondly, this shared ldconfig, by itself, isn't useful for uClibc.
It's tightly integrated with glibc and doesn't even run under uClibc,
from a test I just did.

But if you mean the system I needed it for, then no. It has dependencies
on external tools that require glibc, so I kept with it for the whole
system.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--