problems with ylwrap

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:27:22 PST 2007

On 3/3/07, Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2007 20:24, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> > i have problem building cfengine.
> >
> > the ylwrap script just returns an error and i have no idea how to
> > debug it. anybody has encountered this before? i have no idea what is
> > causing it. i have been installing and reinstalling the entire system
> > and still i get the same error message. i have tried countless
> > combinations of of at least 3 versions of all utilities in all
> > possible permutations.
> >
> > it just says error. i have no clue at all. im stumped
>
> I guess readers of your email are even more stumped.
> You did not even show the error message (and a few preceding lines).
> How one is supposed to help you, having practically zero information?
> --
> vda

sorry

here is a snippet:

if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I/lib/openssl/include  -pthread
-g -O2 -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wuninitialized -pthread -O2
-pipe  -D_L
ARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64   -pthread -O2 -pipe
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -MT wildcard.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/wildcard.Tpo"
-c -o wildcard.o wildcard.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/wildcard.Tpo" ".deps/wildcard.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/wildcard.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
/bin/sh ../ylwrap cfparse.y y.tab.c cfparse.c y.tab.h cfparse.h
y.output cfparse.output -- bison -y  -d
got /home/rogelio/cfengine-2\.1\.22/src/
*** [cfparse.c] Error 1

the build succeeded when i accidentally untarred on top of a
configured tree. it seems ylwrap somehow deletes cfparse.c. I thought
that cfparse.c was going to be generated by ylwrap. so i tried
everything i can to make ylwrap generate cfparse.c.

im really sick of this autotools stuff

--
the thing i like with my linux pc is that i can sum up my complaints in 5 items