Fwd: swapon and swapoff testcases on busybox

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:22:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 01:50:55PM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:37:04PM +0530, Riaz Rahaman wrote:
>>In case this might be related to swapon functionality of busybox
>
>swapon/off works for me. mkswap is foobared, though:

scratch that, mkswap from svn works fine in contrast to the old, stale
version i had lying around.

What version are you using, what compiler, libc, arch?

Make sure to run mkswap before trying to swapon.

$ ./busybox dd if=/dev/zero bs=1 seek=500000 count=1 of=swapfile01
$ ./busybox mkswap swapfile01                                Setting up
swapspace version 1, size = 495906 bytes
# ./busybox swapon ./swapfile01
# ./busybox swapoff ./swapfile01

thanks,
Bernhard