Busybox GPL violator: LaCie

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Mar 15 07:28:23 PDT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 5:49 pm, thinkliberty wrote:
> Therefore, in such cases, you have to provide the the exact version of your
> compiler toolchain that was used to create the executables that you have
> distributed.

No, you do not.  If this was the case then you could never compile any GPL
code with something like Microsoft Visual C.  Please don't be STUPID.

This is part of the reason we stayed with GPLv2, written in 1990 back before
the Free Software Foundation WENT CRAZY.

Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition