telnetd for nommu

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Mar 25 17:27:31 PDT 2007

On Sunday 25 March 2007, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Well, I don't see many posts like "bbox fails to do this and that
> on NOMMU, you guys suxx", however I suspect it indeed is failing
> to do correctly many things on NOMMU.

ive been trying to limit myself because i'd prefer to try and fix it rather
than just dump the bugs on the list ;)

> (For one, entire busybox "all in one" approach shouldn't
> work that good for NOMMU - each copy of running busybox
> duplicates entire text segment [or I misunderstand something].)

yes and no ... the classical format of FLAT duplicates a lot of resources as
you describe, but FDPIC ELF works on NOMMU which means we can share
executable segments ... the Blackfin port supports both :)

> This means that either there is not that much people working
> on NOMMU systems or they do not actively reporting problems
> for some reason. Which is sad...

people working on NOMMU systems pretty much exclusively use uClinux-dist ...
they tend to upgrade packages only when there's a bug which is why they're
still using busybox-1.00

as i mentioned, the Blackfin port will be tracking the latest stable busybox
so NOMMU should get plenty work out ...
-mike