pidfiles again

Stephane Billiart stephane.billiart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:26:58 PDT 2007

Once again, here is my patch that add pidfile support to crond and
syslogd and simplify the pidfile code of inetd.
Code is only enabled if CONFIG_FEATURE_PIDFILE is selected.

With the patch, people who don't need pidfiles at all, because they're
using runsv or simply don't care can get a smaller busybox with no pidfile
at all and those, like me, who want them can enable them so that crond
and syslogd behave like the traditional versions.

The patch does not address udhcpc/udhcpd which still have a distinct
pidfile writing code.

Could this be merged in the trunk?

Thank you,

--