Bug 1244 testcase

Eric Spakman E.Spakman at inter.nl.net
Sat Mar 3 08:35:30 UTC 2007

Hi Denis,

> Hi Eric,
>

> Regarding http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=1244

<snip>

> Does it work if you replace /busybox with your bbox binary?
>

> If it works for you, can you try to modify this example
> and demonstrate the problem? My /etc/inittab may be too simple... --
> vda

I had some problems hacking this example, so instead I created two very
small Qemu images. One images (-190207-) contains a busybox snapshot pre
rev17937 and one (-020307-) contains todays busybox snapshot. The images
are created as a "floppy" so need to be started with Qemu -fda.

You can login with "root" and passwd just <enter>.

Some insight on the bootsequence:
The init scripts are in the /etc/init.d/ directory and symlinks to rcS.d,
rc2.d and rc0.d are created at boottime. The inittab contains the
following entries:
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
::wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
::shutdown:/etc/init.d/rc 0

The rcS script starts the (symlinked) files in /etc/rcS.d in order (system
setup and a few daemons). After that the "rc 2" script starts the files in
rc2.d in order (other daemons). At reboot or halt the "rc 0" script stops
all daemons by running the files in rc0.d.

With the 190207 image the output of the init startup sequence is shown on
the console (tty1), the output of ps shows the following daemons started:
syslogd
klogd
dhcpcd
dropbear
watchdog
dnsmasq
ulogd
inetd
openntpd
mini_httpd
cron

With the 020307 image no information (except kernel messages) are shown on
the console and the following daemons are not started anymore:
dnsmasq
ulogd
openntpd

Because the image is running in memory (tmpfs), you have to run "lrcfg"
and type "s" to save changes in /etc/inittab.

The images can be downloaded from:
ftp://espakman.dyndns.org/denis/

If this isn't suitable I will continue to try to modify your example image.

Regards,
Eric