Runlevels example

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Fri Mar 9 08:53:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using busybox in my project and I just got the newest version compiled
and it's working fine.

I need to use runlevels and I understood that latest busybox has possibility
to use runlevels.

I looked through the mailing list archive, but I couldn't find examples how
to use them. I found the script /etc/rc that runs different script for
different runlevel, but nothing else. How to I set the runlevel at
startup/when running? Do I need /etc/inittab for that?

I tried to give command: init 2 but that only printed out the usage of init
although runlevels are compiled in to busybox. Also the runlevel - command
prints 'unknown' and I guess that means there are no runlevel defined?

I'm not actually sure if this is busybox problem or general linux thing, but
I guess busybox has something to do with it.

Teemu Keskinarkaus