Fwd: swapon and swapoff testcases on busybox

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:10:05 UTC 2007

Hi

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 08:44, Riaz Rahaman wrote:
> BTW..the bb swaponoff file checks for the condition (st.st_blocks * 512 <
> st.st_size) and gives a message if the swap file has holes...now do we
> require this check in the busybox? can bb not call the swapon syscall from
> swaponoff code..swapon syscall also seems to be doing the check.

I removed that check.

> Why is it that the block size has been hard code to 512 bytes? Any
> particular reason for that?

Hmmm... dunno! ;)

> I find that the linux kernel syscall swapon is the one givng me message that
> my swap file has holes.

I have deep doubts that kernel syscalls can give error messages.
At most, they return error code. ;)

If I got you right, status is nonzero here:

        if (applet_name[5] == 'n')
                status = swapon(device, 0);
        else
                status = swapoff(device);

        if (status != 0) {
                bb_perror_msg("%s", device);

What is printed by bb_perror_msg in your testcase?
--
vda